The windshield of your car is important for safety and protection. Broken, cracked or chipped windshields must be repaired/replaced right away. For minimal damage, like a small crack, it is possible to do repairs, but in case the windshield is broken, replacement is a must. There are many auto companies for windshield replacement in Phoenix, and in this post, we have a few basic pointers for finding the right service.
- Start with response. The last thing you would want is to wait for hours to get a response. When you have cracked or broken windshield, you need a service that can fix the issue as quickly as possible, so that you can use your car.
- Check for mobile installations. Selected auto services in Phoenix do offer mobile installations, so you can always choose to consider that option. In case your windshield is broken on the road, or you cannot drive back with the car, call for services that can fix the problem on spot.
- Experience counts. Local auto companies are expected to have an in-house team of expert installers and windshield repairmen, who should be able to answer consumer questions. Ask them about the replacement process, which starts with removing adhesive to take old & damaged windshield out. Next, the new windshield will be placed appropriately and adhesive will be applied. Additional sealant is typically added on edges for extra security.
- Ask about the product. Is the company going to use OEM (Original Equipment Manufactured) glass? This is important because you want the windshield to be of the same quality as the one installed by the manufacturer.
- Discuss tinting and warranty. For selected repair jobs and replacements, you may get lifetime warranty with some of the local services. Also, check if they deal with auto tinting in Phoenix, so that you can get the new windshield tinted to protect yourself and car interiors from sun damage.
Get an estimate
Regardless of whether you need windshield replacement, or minor repairs, consider getting an estimate in advance. If the company offers any warranty on the job, the same must be mentioned on paper.
If you have a broken windshield, replacement is not a choice. There is no point of risking your life and others when replacement can be done in a budget. Windshield replacements don’t take a lot of time either, as long as you hire the right company with a capable team of professionals.